Our department is part of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the Czech Technical University in Prague. Its history dates back to the 50s of the 20th century.
Presently, we focus on wireless analogue and digital communication and multimedia technology.
The department is equipped with modern specialized laboratories for teaching and research in the field of broadcasting, reception and signal processing, audiovisual technology, radio-electronic measurements, satellite navigation and radar.
We cooperate with universities, scientific institutes and industrial enterprises, mainly in the field of research, development and teaching support.
Areas of our professional focus
- Digital communication – coding in wireless networks, mobile radio communication systems with distributed, cooperative and MIMO signal processing, iterative detection techniques.
- Audiovisual technology – audiovisual data processing, implementation and optimization of advanced image processing algorithms, modeling of electroacoustic transducers, psychoacoustic experiments and models.
- RF CAD – modelling of radioelectronic components, special algorithms for analysis and optimization of electronic circuits, new software/hardware methods for VLSI circuit analysis.
- Image Processing and Photonics – astronomical imaging systems, innovative technologies for space applications, robotic telescopes, image data archive processing, hyperspectral imaging.
- Optical elements based on new single crystal materials – AOTF and polarizers.
- Signal processing of satellite navigation systems (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, Compass) in difficult conditions, synthesis of remote sensing signals, supported by other radio systems.
Czech Technical University in Prague
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Department of Radioelectronics
166 27 Prague 6